It is important that everyone has a great time here at Portavadie Marina. These terms and conditions outline all of our responsibilities. It is a bit ‘legal speak’, but we hope it makes everything nice and clear. If you are not sure about anything, just ask.
Winter Opening Times
Please note that management reserve the right to amend opening times without prior notice.
The binding contract is between the guest and the company (Portavadie Marina) and is subject to the following booking conditions:
The signature of the guest on the booking form or the on-line submission of the booking form creates a binding contract between each and every adult member of the party (jointly “the guest”) and Portavadie Marina. If there is more than one guest the obligations which they undertake can be enforced against them all jointly or against each individually.
1. Your booking is only confirmed when Portavadie Marina receives your signed booking form with appropriate credit card details and despatches your confirmation. Portavadie Marina will take a 10% deposit on booking which is non-refundable. Offers at certain times of the year are subject to full prepayment and failure to meet the terms will be taken as cancellation and the booking will be released. All individual accounts must be settled on departure and any corporate credit must be sought in advance for and approved 30 days prior to arrival by our accounts team.
2. Portavadie Marina has the right to charge to the guest’s credit or debit card any unpaid charges relating to the booking, the cost of any loss sustained, damage, laundry, telephone bills, or other expenses incurred by the guest and not paid for prior to, on or after the date of departure.
3. Cancellation or alterations
1. Any cancellation by the guest for whatever reason must be made in writing, by fax or by email to Portavadie Marina at the address at the top of the booking form. If cancellation takes place within the notice time specified on a booking confirmation, no cancellation charges will be applied
2. Prior to making full payment, where it is possible to accommodate changes to the booking at the guest’s request, Portavadie Marina reserves the right to charge an administration fee and will issue a revised confirmation.
3. Where the guest has made the full payment, Portavadie Marina cannot consider requests for any subsequent changes to the booking. Should the guest then wish to cancel the booking condition 3.2 above will apply.
Portavadie Marina is entitled to ask the guest to leave the premises without refunding money paid if we believe the guest’s behaviour, or the behaviour of any other occupant of the accommodation, to be unacceptable. In addition, no illegal or immoral activity can take place in any accommodation type, including boats berthed in the marina. Guests cannot interfere with the construction or arrangement of any of the accommodation or furniture or play radio, television, music system or musical instrument in such manner as to be audible outside the accommodation at any time.
5. Limitation of liabilities
Where loss, damage or injury arises from breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise, neither Portavadie Marina nor its employees or agents are under any liability to the guest or the third parties for any loss or damage or injury howsoever arising. In addition, we shall be under no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or injury sustained by you caused by any other occupant of the building.
6. Brochure information
Portavadie Marina believes the information contained in our brochure and other printed materials handed to or to be handed to the guest to be accurate. While we take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, we cannot accept responsibility for errors contained in the brochure or such other printed material.
7. Alterations or cancellation by the company
In the unlikely event (and where the guest is not in breach of the booking conditions) that it is necessary for Portavadie Marina to cancel the booking, we will refund in full all monies paid to the credit or debit card account, but will be under no other liability whatsoever.
8. Number of people using the accommodation
The number of people using any accommodation must not exceed the maximum number (of adults and children) stated on the booking form. If this condition is broken, Portavadie Marina is entitled to ask the guest to leave. This will be treated as a cancellation by the guest and condition 3.2 will apply together with retention of any payment made for the time that any accommodation has been occupied by the guest.
Portavadie Marina reserves the right to vary the accommodation booked subject to the alternative accommodation being, in our opinion, of an equivalent or higher standard than that reserved. The alternative accommodation may be in a different but similar location.
Pets are only permitted in selected property types and Portavadie Marina reserves the right to ask guests who are in breach of our pet policy to leave.
11. Arrival and Departure
1. Unless otherwise stated on the booking form, the normal time of occupation is after 3.30pm on the date of arrival and the accommodation must be vacated by 10.30am on the date of departure.
2. Portavadie Marina cannot accept liability for any claim arising out of delayed arrival to any accommodation or cancellation of the booking by the guest due to weather conditions which delay or entirely prevent travel to the marina.
12. Guest’s Responsibilities
1. The guest must keep any accommodation and all furniture, fittings and effects in the same in the same condition as at the start of the booking and must leave the accommodation in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Portavadie Marina is entitled to make an additional charge to the guest if extra cleaning is necessary.
2. The guest will be responsible for all damage to the accommodation or its contents during occupation and is also responsible for paying appropriate compensation to Portavadie Marina if, due to such damage, the accommodation cannot immediately be occupied.
13. Meetings and Events
1. All of our prices are inclusive of VAT. Final guaranteed number is due 10 working days (does not include Saturday and Sunday) prior to all meeting and food events. This is the final number that will be charged for in full on the final invoice. Failure to notify your event planner of any amends will result in the final expected number to be charged for.
2. A deposit of 30% will be required to secure any meeting or event at Portavadie Marina with final payment due to be settled a minimum of 10 working days prior to the event unless you are a company with approved credit with us at which time our credit terms will apply and accounts settled subject to that agreement.
3. For weddings a 30% deposit of the estimated cost will be required on booking, with 40% of the estimate amount payable 6 months prior to arrival with final estimated account to be settled in full 2 months prior to the event. Extras of course can be added to the account and settled on departure.
4. All meeting and events will be required to have written confirmation from the client and this can be in written form or by return email containing the detail of each event as agreed by Portavadie Marina and the client.
5. All deposits are non-refundable. Management on occasion may be able to transfer a deposit to an alternate date but are in no way bound to do so.
Glasgow Westender, Herald, Scottish Wedding Show and ScotWed12- 20% off The Fyne Wedding Package, only if booked for January, February or March 2014 and 2015.
Holiday West Highland- Fish Tea Offer in The Lodge Kitchen & Bar only, between 4pm and 6pm. This offer is subject to availability as this is a seasonal offer which is only available March - October 2013.
Yachting Monthly, Welcome Anchorages, TriMarina, Troon, SailScot, Oban, InvernessYB, JWD-
Mount Stuart- This offer is exclusively for customers coming from Mount Stuart with the voucher. Complimentary bottle of Prosecco when staying in one of our Luxuary Apartments is only redeemable when quoting Mount Stuart when booking and presenting the voucher upon arrival at Portavadie. Offer Valid until December 2013.
Three night luxury getaway- Indulge in a little luxury with this unbeatable autumn offer. For £279 four people can enjoy three nights in a five-star two-bedroom Luxury Self-Catering Apartment complete with sauna, en-suite bathrooms, balcony/terrace and stunning views of the marina or Loch Fyne. That’s just £23.25 per person per night! Offer valid from 2nd September to 19th December 2013, Sunday to Thursday only and subject to availability. You can upgrade to a weekend (three nights including Friday and Saturday) for an extra £63 (£342). But you will need to hurry as there is only a limited number available.
Cottage breat for £199- A three-night stay for four in a two-bedroom Self-Catering Cottage costs £199 with this special offer, that's just £16.58 per person per night! Valid from 2nd September to 19th December 2013, Sunday to Thursday, subject to availability. A limited number of weekend stays costing £230 are available.
Two-night stay and dine in The Lodge for £85- Relax in The Lodge for less. For just £85 two guests can enjoy a two-night stay at The Lodge at Portavadie with continental breakfast PLUS a main course and a glass of wine in the Lodge Kitchen and Bar on the first night. Based on two guests sharing a classic room, valid from 2nd September to 19th December 2013. Sunday to Thursday only and subject to availability. A limited number of weekend stays costing £102 are available. Upgrade to a balcony/terrace room for an extra £10 per night or to a Studio Apartment for an extra £20 per night.
Please note that the images used on the website and other marketing material are an example of the standard of our accommodation and are not representative of each individual room type. Please be aware that your accommodation may be different from the images used.