It is important that everyone has a great time here at Portavadie Marina. These terms and conditions outline all of our responsibilities. It is a bit ‘legal speak’, but we hope it makes everything nice and clear. If you are not sure about anything, just ask.
Summer Opening Times are valid from 29th March - 31st October 2013
Please note that management reserve the right to amend opening times without prior notice.
The binding contract is between the guest and the company (Portavadie Marina) and is subject to the following booking conditions:
The signature of the guest on the booking form or the on-line submission of the booking form creates a binding contract between each and every adult member of the party (jointly “the guest”) and Portavadie Marina. If there is more than one guest the obligations which they undertake can be enforced against them all jointly or against each individually.
1. Your booking is only confirmed when Portavadie Marina receives your signed booking form with appropriate credit card details and despatches your confirmation. Portavadie Marina will take a 10% deposit on booking which is non-refundable. Offers at certain times of the year are subject to full prepayment and failure to meet the terms will be taken as cancellation and the booking will be released. All individual accounts must be settled on departure and any corporate credit must be sought in advance for and approved 30 days prior to arrival by our accounts team.
2. Portavadie Marina has the right to charge to the guest’s credit or debit card any unpaid charges relating to the booking, the cost of any loss sustained, damage, laundry, telephone bills, or other expenses incurred by the guest and not paid for prior to, on or after the date of departure.
3. Cancellation or alterations
1. Any cancellation by the guest for whatever reason must be made in writing, by fax or by email to Portavadie Marina at the address at the top of the booking form. If cancellation takes place within the notice time specified on a booking confirmation, no cancellation charges will be applied
2. Prior to making full payment, where it is possible to accommodate changes to the booking at the guest’s request, Portavadie Marina reserves the right to charge an administration fee and will issue a revised confirmation.
3. Where the guest has made the full payment, Portavadie Marina cannot consider requests for any subsequent changes to the booking. Should the guest then wish to cancel the booking condition 3.2 above will apply.
Portavadie Marina is entitled to ask the guest to leave the premises without refunding money paid if we believe the guest’s behaviour, or the behaviour of any other occupant of the accommodation, to be unacceptable. In addition, no illegal or immoral activity can take place in any accommodation type, including boats berthed in the marina. Guests cannot interfere with the construction or arrangement of any of the accommodation or furniture or play radio, television, music system or musical instrument in such manner as to be audible outside the accommodation at any time.
5. Limitation of liabilities
Where loss, damage or injury arises from breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise, neither Portavadie Marina nor its employees or agents are under any liability to the guest or the third parties for any loss or damage or injury howsoever arising. In addition, we shall be under no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or injury sustained by you caused by any other occupant of the building.
6. Brochure information
Portavadie Marina believes the information contained in our brochure and other printed materials handed to or to be handed to the guest to be accurate. While we take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, we cannot accept responsibility for errors contained in the brochure or such other printed material.
7. Alterations or cancellation by the company
In the unlikely event (and where the guest is not in breach of the booking conditions) that it is necessary for Portavadie Marina to cancel the booking, we will refund in full all monies paid to the credit or debit card account, but will be under no other liability whatsoever.
8. Number of people using the accommodation
The number of people using any accommodation must not exceed the maximum number (of adults and children) stated on the booking form. If this condition is broken, Portavadie Marina is entitled to ask the guest to leave. This will be treated as a cancellation by the guest and condition 3.2 will apply together with retention of any payment made for the time that any accommodation has been occupied by the guest.
Portavadie Marina reserves the right to vary the accommodation booked subject to the alternative accommodation being, in our opinion, of an equivalent or higher standard than that reserved. The alternative accommodation may be in a different but similar location.
Pets are only permitted in selected property types and Portavadie Marina reserves the right to ask guests who are in breach of our pet policy to leave.
11. Arrival and Departure
1. Unless otherwise stated on the booking form, the normal time of occupation is after 3.30pm on the date of arrival and the accommodation must be vacated by 10.30am on the date of departure.
2. Portavadie Marina cannot accept liability for any claim arising out of delayed arrival to any accommodation or cancellation of the booking by the guest due to weather conditions which delay or entirely prevent travel to the marina.
12. Guest’s Responsibilities
1. The guest must keep any accommodation and all furniture, fittings and effects in the same in the same condition as at the start of the booking and must leave the accommodation in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Portavadie Marina is entitled to make an additional charge to the guest if extra cleaning is necessary.
2. The guest will be responsible for all damage to the accommodation or its contents during occupation and is also responsible for paying appropriate compensation to Portavadie Marina if, due to such damage, the accommodation cannot immediately be occupied.
Holiday West Highland Fish Tea Deal - April - October 2013
Available 4pm - 6pm only Fish Tea includes fish and chips, white bread, butter and a pot of Tea for £9.95
7for5SFA Scottish Field advert - 17 March - 29 May 2013
7 nights for the price of 5. Available on self-catering accommodation. Excludes Tighnamara. Available from 17th March – 29th May 2013 (excludes Easter weekend).
7for5PA PA Network advert - 17 March - 29 May 2013
7 nights for the price of 5. Available on self-catering accommodation. Excludes Tighnamara. Available 17th March - 29th May 2013 (Excluding Easter weekend).
7for5COMM Community Advertiser advert - 17 March - 29 May 2013
7 nights for the price of 5. Available on self-catering accommodation. Excluding Tighnamara. Available 17th March - 29th May 2013 (Excluding Easter weekend).
3for2WEST Glasgow Westender advert - 12 March - 29 May 2013
3 nights for the price of 2. Available on self-catering accommodation. Excluding Tighnamara. Available 12th March - 29th May 2013 (Excluding Easter weekend).
HERALD3for2 Sunday Herald advert - 25 March - 30 May 2013
3 nights for the price of 2. Available on Luxury Apartments and Cottages only. Available Sunday- Thursday only between 25th March - 30th May 2013 (Excluding Easter weekend).
TriMarina advert - January 2013 - end December 2013
Recieve a complimentary glass of wine per person, when dining in the Marina Restaurant or The Lodge Kitchen and Bar. Pre-Booking essential. Available January 2013 - end December 2013.
Marina Advert - January 2013 - end Decemeber 2013
Advert in Sail Scotland, Yachting Life, Yachting Monthly, Inverness Yearbook, Troon Yearbook, Oban Yearbook, James Watt Dock Yearbook, Welcome Anchorages.
Offer 1: 50% off weekly berthing rate based on a 1 week stay. Offer not available during big water based events ie. Fife Regatta. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, subject to availability.
Offer 2: Regatta rate based on 5 boats or more. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, subject to availability.
Offer 3: Free Day Berthing, subject to availablity.
Offer 4: Shop and Chandlery offer, not valid on provisions or valid with any other offers.
Offer 5: Fish Tea seasonal offer, subject to availability. Served between 4pm -6pm only in The Lodge Bar and Kitchen.